- How unfortunate …. The local youths with their Bb guns and motorbikes have left the playground. #
- Enjoyed the latest underwood and flinch ep. (thanks @4eversleepless). Lydia vs David vs whiskey? When will the story move to gangsters etc #
- 37.35 k done. 3 hours 18 ish. Birmingham you have been assimilated. Walking last half mile home to warm down… #
- 21k done, aiming for full plotted route. Stuffing face with mars bar and water in selly oak tesco thing #
- Covers himself in Vaseline bit still isn't sure about his left leg. #SundayRun #
- Nom nom. In technicolor! http://twitpic.com/j6slc #
- Nom nom. In technicolor! #
- Zillions more photos taken … Perhaps I'll have to clean him soon http://twitpic.com/j6pvl #
- My first painting…. Rowan likes mess http://twitpic.com/j6paw #
- Starts planning a 25 mile run into Birmingham for Sunday. #stupid #broken.body #running #challenge http://favoriterun.com/291784 #
- Decides to kill Drupal on http://codepoets.co.uk and move to WordPress. #sheep #drupal #wordpress #
- Lost cat found ! http://www.eatliver.com/img/2009/4813.jpg (Quite funny!) #friday #funny #tgif #
- Busy telling prospects to go away – in order to ensure our existing workload is completed. Not sure I'm very good at polite 'go away' emails #
- time to try and go to sleep…. and dismiss this omnipresent grumpiness. #
- Discovers Leicester Marathon – on the same day as Brum's Half marathon which I've already entered. http://www.leicestermarathon.org.uk #
- I see @chairwomanmiaow is following my lead in putting her earphones through the wash…. #
- The music is my vibe. Everybody get down! #
- Wonders if half the virgin train really needs to be first class… Esp as it is going to Wolverhampton #
- rah rah rah #
- Pondering shooting the hotel residents who woke him up this morning. If there was a Guns & Licquor store in Whetstone…. and I could shoot. #
- I'm enjoying Playa Con Dios (pt2) – http://www.djsteveboy.com/groovelectric.html #groovelectric (house/dance music) #
- Wonder where to find vaguely healthy food in whetstone …. Ah that aroundme app might do #
Knill Nash Dash – random posting on the 2009 event.
The Knill Nash Dash is an 8ish mile cross country run which happens to go through my family’s farm and so on… so as per last year, I did it again this year.
Thankfully the weather was much better this year – last year they wouldn’t let us go through the river crossings – this year they were mandatory. Last year, I was sliding around in the mud – this year the route was dry and much better.
Anyway, I came 7th (I think) with a time of 1 hour 5 minutes. Perhaps with slightly better timing towards the end I could have made one of 4th, 5th or 6th… as I was in 4th on the final ascent.
The course was well marshalled, of interesting terrain and the event itself was very well organised (thanks to the Presteigne Pacers).
My iphone sort of plotted the route as this
Anyway – I enjoyed it. My watch heart monitor thing thinks I used 1100 kcal. When ever I looked at it, it was flashing at me telling me my heart rate was too high (170+) … stupid thing… unfortunately I failed to stop it properly at the end so I lost my average heart beat – which would have been interesting.
I still find this image funny – we spent about 10 minutes giggling like girls at it this afternoon in the office.
It’s almost tempting to phone ‘Paul’ up and say it’s my lost cat…
blog moved; the world didn’t end…