It’s an Intel i5 4250U processor (dual core, laptop processor). Supports up to 16gb of RAM and the Intel 5000 graphics thing in it.
The box itself is really small – and silent. A laptop size hard disk can fit into it (2.5″ hdd).
- BIOS needs updating before it can be installed (apparently); See Intel’s website – currently here - it’s just a case of downloading the .BIO file and sticking it on a USB stick and pressing F7 on boot and following through the prompts.
- Most Linux distros do not yet support the network card (Intel 559/I218-V) – I had to netboot a Debian unstable netboot iso image (from here )
Good things -
- BTRFS root filesystem + booting etc just worked with Jessie.
- X configuration just works – even though it’s quite a new graphics chipset.
- Boot time is VERY fast – currently <5 seconds.